15 Things Jesus Would Say to You if You Met Him for Coffee (and book winner revealed!)
If you’ve ever heard me speak on spiritual topics you may be familiar with the prayer I pray before I open my Bible to read. A simple prayer, it’s radically changed how scripture speaks to me. It’s made the words of the Bible personal. Intimate. Real for me and my life.
“Jesus, if you were here with me now, what would you say to me?”
Have you ever wondered what Jesus would say to you if you met him for coffee? What would you talk about? Would it be awkward? Encouraging? Easy? Deep?
Would you laugh? Would you cry? Would you feel better afterward? Would you walk away knowing--knowing–you’ve been in the presence of someone who loves you deeply? Who knows you intimately? Who actually enjoys being with you?
Although I can’t say for sure what Jesus would say to you if you met Him for coffee, here’s what I think might be at the top of the list:
- I love you. The real you. Don’t look so surprised: I made you.
- I see you. I know about your hopes, your hurts and your heartaches. I’m here to help.
- There is grace for you.
- Stop worrying.
- Start trusting.
- When you talk to Me, I listen.
- Get going. Keep going. Get on the right path and stay there. (by the way, I’m the right path.)
- You are never alone. I am always with you. My Spirit is in you.
- The fear you feel isn’t from Me.
- Follow Me: Love how I love. See how I see. Do what I do. Give how I give. Learn what I know. Live how I lived.
- I forgive you. That’s why I allowed myself to be crucified.
- The world will never truly satisfy your soul.
- Obey me. It’s in your best interest and it brings me great honor.
- The people in your life aren’t there by accident. Love them. Deeply. Even the tough ones. Especially the tough ones.
- Be still and know that I am God.
I know there are many more things Jesus would say to you. To me. To all of us. His wisdom is endless.
Jesus is, after all, the Word.
But I think, perhaps, He’d start with these.
I’m guessing He’d say one final thing:
Let’s do this again soon.
In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. – John 1:1 & 14
P.S. Congratulations Angelique Goudeau! You are the lucky winner of “Drama Free”!